Important Information for Customers
Payment for your move
On all local moves, payment is C.O.D. in the form of CASH, PERSONAL CHECK or CREDIT CARD, along with a driver's license number. On long distance moves, delivery from storage. or intrastate move, payment - in - full must be made to the driver in Ihe form of CASH, CERTIFIED CHECK, or MONEY ORDER prior to unloading your belongings. NO PERSONAL CHECK OR BUSINESS CHECKS will be accepled on long distance moves, delivery from storage or intrastate moves.
If you are packing yourself, please keep us informed as to your progress. Should you find you are running behind schedule, and may not finish in time, please contact our office prior to your move date. We're here to help! We can provide any packing services you may need. Please understand that additional charges would apply. Moves quoted at an hourly rate may not be accurate if you are not finished packing or unprepared for move day. Please call our office at 785-842-1115 to order packing material. A price list will be left with your estimate. We offer free local delivery. All loose items that we move must be packed in closed boxes. We cannot accept responsibility for lamps. and shades, pictures, and electronics that are not properly packed. TV's do not have to be in boxes. We will wrap them.
- Please note start time and rate on the work order when the crew arrives.
- Please be present while our movers are in your home or assign a representative to be there. You are responsible to check the inventory on long distance moves.
- Disconnect all appliances and electronics prior to crew arriving. Make sure all water connections are off and do not leak. We will assist you with hook up but you are responsible for all water connections.
- We cannot under any circumstances, disconnect or reconnect any electronics or compulers.
- Empty propane tanks on grills.
- Do not pack or ship any Combustible, Corrosive, Explosive, or Flammable Materials.
- Please give directions to the moving crew to your ncw home. lf moving out of town please give the driver contact names and numbers at new destination.
- Please call our office immediately if you are unsatisfied during your move.
- Dressers with lightweight clothing do not have to be packed.
- It is your responsibility to remove any jewelry or small items of high value.
- We will take down. set up and place all furniture to your specifications.
- Most long distance moves have a price guarantee within 10% of the estimated price. Hourly rate estimates are not guaranteed, although we make every attempt to provide an accurate estimate for our services. Please notify us of any changes before your move that might increase the time, if possible.
Insurance Option (Read this section, very important)
It is our intent to provide a damage free move. Please be advised that unless you purchase additional insurance you will receive basic value insurance of .30 per pound per article or .60 per pound per article on long distance moves. Full replacement value insurance is optional at an additional cost and must be taken out 5 days before your move begins. You will receive an insurance pamphlet with your estimate. If you need more information please call us.
Damage made to your physical residence by movers during the move is our responsibility. We do not accept any liability for furniture that is assembled at home, made of particleboard. Damage to items in boxes not packed by us will not be covered unless visible damage to the container is found. All items must be packed in the proper container.
Additional charges may result from any of the following:
- Electrical failure in your residence.
- Blockage of access to residence by vehicles of others than mover equipment.
- Adverse weather conditions that shall prevent movement of the mover's equipment or harn to the crew. These conditions include heavy rain, high winds, lighting, and excessive heal above 100 deg. Snow removal shall be the sole responsibility of the resident.
- The addition of items to be moved that were not part of the estimate.
- Long carries or stair carriers, at your new residence on long distance moves that cannot be estimated. Stair carries do not apply on single-family homes.
- Incomplete packing by customer that causes waiting time by our crew.
Basic Services Provided
- Trained and Uniformed crews.
- Polite and courteous workers.
- Proper tools and equipment on job.
- Sani-Shield upholslery wrap on furniture.
- Door and Floor runners used on job.
- Mattress boxes provided and beds taken down and set up.
- Proper padding of fumiture.
- Trash and packing material removed after completion.
Our crews will arrive between 8:00 a.m. & 8:30 a.m. on moving day. Please fill out a performance questionnaire upon completion of your move. We sincerely appreciate this opportunity to serve you. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance. Your satisfaction is our top priority.
DANGER! HAZARDOUS MATERIALS THAT CANNOT BE TRANSPORTED
- Antifreeze Compounds
- Engine Starting Fluids
- Fluid Cleaners (e.g. spot cleaners & office machine cleaners)
- Acids - Muriatic, Nitric, Photographic, Sulphuric
- Battery with Acid
- Flame retardant Compounds
- Iron/Steel Rust Removing Compounds
- Oil Stains for Wood
- Paint & Varnish Removers
- Shoe Polish (liquid)
- Black Powder
- Fuse Lighters
- Adhesives (glues, cements & plastics)
- Charcoal Briquetts
- Lighter Fluids (pocket, charcoal, etc.)
- Petroleum Products
GASES - COMPRESSED
- Aerosol Cans
- Fire Extinguishers
- Gases used in Welding
- Propane or Other Gas used for Cooking
- Propane Tanks (non-purged)
- Scuba Diving Tanks*
*Note: Only those scuba diving tanks that have been purged (containing not more than 25 pounds per square inch at 70 degrees Fahrenheit) may be shipped as household goods. When purged, a written certification is required from a dive shop or licensed individual qualified to perform purging. A tag or label must be affixed to the tank certifying purging was performed with the date.